How To Run Windows Apps On Android
Have you ever wished you could run your favorite Windows applications and games on your Android device? Well, now you can with the help of some clever software called Exagear.
Exagear allows you to run full-fledged x86 Windows programs on ARM-based Android devices like smartphones and tablets. This opens up a world of new possibilities for your mobile device, from running Microsoft Office to playing your favorite games from Steam.
In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know to start running Windows apps on your Android phone or tablet using Exagear.
Things You’ll Need
To get Exagear up and running, you’ll need:
– An Android device running Android 5.0 Lollipop or later. At least 3GB of RAM is recommended for best performance.
– Exagear software installed on your device. You can download it for free from the Google Play store or the Exagear website.
– Windows applications or games you want to use. Some popular options are Microsoft Office apps, Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoCAD, Visual Studio, Steam games, and more.
That’s it! With just your Android device and Exagear, you can now enjoy the rich library of desktop Windows software.
Installing Exagear and running Windows apps is easy. Follow these steps:
1. Install Exagear
Download and install the Exagear application from the Play Store or their website if you want access to the latest beta version. The installation process is fast and straightforward.
2. Launch Exagear and Allow Permissions
On first launch, Exagear will ask for permissions like storage access, screen overlay etc. Grant all requested permissions for proper functioning.
3. Download Windows Apps
You can now download the Windows applications you want to use. Get installers for programs like Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD and so on. For games, you can install Tag After School and gta or any other game of your choosing.
4. Add Apps to Exagear
In Exagear, click on “Install Application” and select the Windows app installer or executable file. The app will be installed and configured automatically by Exagear.
5. Launch Apps!
You can now launch the installed Windows apps from within Exagear. Use the shortcuts in the Exagear menu to open them. Configure settings if required.
6. Tips for Better Performance
For graphics-intensive Windows games and apps, go to settings and set your preferred resolution and graphics quality. Disabling shadows, lowering resolution etc. can improve frame rates.
Some anti-virus software can impact Exagear’s translation performance. Adding Exagear to exception lists can help.
Updating to the newest Exagear beta builds may provide compatibility or speed improvements in some cases.
Uses and Limitations
Exagear opens up a treasure trove of new utility on Android. Here are some great use cases:
– Running Microsoft Office for true document editing and creation.
– Editing photos professionally with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
– CAD design with AutoCAD on the go.
– Coding on Android with Visual Studio.
– Playing your library of PC games from Steam or other platforms.
However, keep the following limitations in mind:
– Very graphically intensive 3D games may lag or have lower frame rates.
– Many newer Windows apps may not be compatible. Exagear works best with older, established software.
– Non-gaming apps generally have the smoothest performance.
So focus on productivity apps, older games and 2D titles for the best experience. Performance and compatibility will only improve with future Exagear updates.
Exagear delivers a novel solution for running full Windows apps on Android devices. With just a few simple steps, you can access a rich library of x86 programs and games without needing a PC.
While performance is still not on par with native PC hardware, Exagear outperforms standard emulation. And compatibility will only get better with time.
If you need access to critical Windows software for work or play while on the go, Exagear is currently your best solution. Hopefully this guide has helped demystify the process of setting it up and given you ideas on how to put it to use.
The ability to run Photoshop, Office, Visual Studio, Steam games and more unlocks tremendous new potential from your Android device. So download Exagear and start enjoying your favorite Windows apps with mobile convenience today!
In case you have found a mistake in the text, please send a message to the author by selecting the mistake and pressing Ctrl-Enter.
#Run #Windows #Apps #Android